Newsmag is a modern WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease.
We offer great support and friendly help!
The Newsmag template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, News mag supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
A word about speed:
We spent a considerable amount of time tweaking every aspect of the theme to perform at its absolute best.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compressed to make the site load blazing fast. All the theme’s scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
Run pagespeed on our demo
The full list of features:
All the blocks – please select your block from the top. You can mix and match them. All of the content blocks support ajax pagination and subcategories (including slides)
- Live search with ajax and up down keys
One click demo install – NO MORE .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
- Powered by Visual Composer – the best Drag and Drop page builder
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes it’s structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the scripts loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto youtube, dailymotion and vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a youtube url and the site will download the largest image available from the clip automatically and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations. We hate po mo files
- Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
- All the global settings are available in the wordpress theme customizer with live preview
gif animation support – this is a beta feature.
Google fonts – change the fonts easy from the admin panel
- Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
- Each category has:
- 6 category templates styles
- 7 category top posts styles – each with 7 unique grid styles
- 15 custom module style (loop style)
- custom colors
- custom background image
- custom sidebar + position (left, full, right)
Unlimited sidebars – each post, page, category can have it’s own sidebar. Also the author, search, tag, blog index templates all have custom sidebars
- Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
- Easy Google analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
- 10 footer layouts
- Custom pagebuilder elements:
- Custom widgets
- Popular category widget – show most popular category
- Author box widget – show authors sorted by number of posts, or by name
- Social counter widget – a social counter that shows numbers of likes, followers or subscribers
- Ad box – allow you to select an ad zone (you define the responsive ad zones in our panel)
- 16 Blocks
- Instagram widget
- Weather widget
- Exchange widget
- Text with title
We personally respond to all the request that we receive and we are trying to help everyone.
Please visit our support forum.
Thanks for your interest in our theme!
Nicu G., Radu, Marius, Alin, Emil G., Alina S., Alina G., Lucian, Bogdan, Catalin, Cristi and Andrei from tagDiv
Version 3.1 – July 25th, 2016
UPDATE NOTICE: Please note that this version does not work with legacy Visual Composer versions.
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.12
- new: login, register and forgot password ajax windows, a complete and more modern redesign.
- new: added support for full height rows, column position and content position on them in Visual Composer.
- new: added support for parallax speed on rows
- new: added support for equal height inner rows and content placement
- new: setting to hide the author name on modules and on single posts independently. Previously there was only one global setting.
- new: Added support for custom fonts in theme panel that are uploaded via the wordpress media gallery. The custom fonts can be used just like before on most of the theme’s UI without writing any code
- new: the weather widget now opens an input if it’s unable to locate the user via the browser’s location API.
- misc: we fully rewrote the trending now block, it’s now leaner and it works better
- misc: block parameters now have a better description
- misc: code improvements to the following shortcodes: td_block_big_grid_slide, td_block_homepage_full_1, td_block_ad_box and the video playlists
- misc: the media gallery that is used in the theme panel is now less cluttered and without the unused options
- misc: we cleaned the theme panel and the code is more organized now
- misc: all the blocks now show a notice to admins on the frontend when there are missing settings that are required.
- misc: the main theme loader is smoother now and has small design improvements
- misc: we changed the way templates detect the Visual Composer plugin. The detection method is based on VC_ROW and it only triggers when VC_ROW is found in the content. This allows one to use shortcodes in the default templates that have sidebar + title.
- misc: added font settings for post lists
- misc: drop caps font settings issue fix
- misc: all the advertising blocks now support an ad title
- misc: various google webmaster structured data issues have been fixed
- misc: better support for IE8
- fix: category dropdown list with long category titles now works as expected
The list of modified files
Version 3.0 – June 7th, 2016
UPDATE NOTICE: Please update tagDiv Social Counter to the latest version that comes with the theme.
- new: Grid system – with this we eliminate all the # in url bugs
- new: Instagram block and widget
- new: Footer Instagram
- new: Weather block and widget
- new: Weather option in top bar
- new: Exchange block and widget
- new: Mobile menu
- new: Search menu on mobiles
- new: Background support for mobile search and menu with parallax
- new: 1 new footer styles
- new: 5 new category templates
- new: 3 one click demos
- new: 10 Social counter styles
- new: Login/register option for mobiles
- new: Custom post types now support a global sidebar that can be set from the theme panel
- new: Logo in H1 tags
- new: Reset button in theme panel. This will bring the theme to the original state
- new: Panel for one click demos
- new: Enable/disable category pull-down filter option in theme panel
- new: Display order for category tags on post pages option in theme panel
- new: Social Counter – version 4.1 – please update your plugin to the latest version
- new: Whatsapp share for article on mobile devices
- new: 4 new smart lists ( smart list 5, 6, 7 and 8 )
- new: 3 new ad spots used for smart lists ( smart list 6, 7 and 8 )
- new: 1 new ad spot (Footer top)
- new: 4 new top bar layouts
- new: We removed the Smooth scroll option from panel
- new: New look for the main menu sub-menus
- misc: The theme settings are now only saved once per pageload and only if needed. We use the shutdown action to save them.
- misc: Video playlist block now works with multiple playlists of the same type on one page
- misc: We audited all the metadata produced by the theme and we improved every aspect of it
- misc: Updated the google fonts list
- misc: Better seo on smartlists
- misc: The categories that are listed on post pages can now be shown using the WordPress default order. This can be enabled from theme panel.
- misc: We optimized the queries for all the blocks and widgets that don’t show posts (popular categories, social counter etc…)
- fix: Panel got stuck while saving in specific cases, mostly related to categories
- fix: Contributor users cannot change the post template now, this is more in line with WordPress
- fix: Security issues
- fix: Infinite pagination on categories did not work with speed booster
- fix: Removed no comments message with comments disabled
- fix: Infinite loading on categories issue with latest posts when the rest is fewer than the “Blog pages show at most” setting
- fix: Footer logo title attribute
- fix: TinyMCE issues with the shortcodes menu (multiple options where selected in specific cases)
The list of modified files
Version 2.3.6 – April 14, 2016
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.11.2
- new: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version 184.108.40.206
- fix: a jQuery syntax issue that appeared after Wordpress 4.5 update
Version 2.3.5 – January 9, 2016
- fix: WordPress 4.4.1 homepage pagination issue
Version 2.3.4 – December 23th, 2015
- new: visual composer was updated to the latest version 4.9
- new: revolution slider was updated to the latest version 5.1.5
- fix: modified structured data to comply with Google’s new requirements
The list of modified files
- fix: pagination was not working on categories with big grid disabled on WordPress 4.4
Version 2.3.2 – November 30, 2015
Version 2.3.1 – November 12th, 2015
- new: added http channel test status in the system status panel. You can now check if the theme is able to get the tweet count, like count etc from your host.
- misc: added the new google ads sizes to the panel
- fix: sorting bug on custom page loops
- fix: removed unused code from the theme + theme panel. We shipped the weather widget code by mistake. The widget is not ready yet.
- fix: the documentation url for demos was wrong in wp-admin
- fix: error that was showing up in logs when the theme panel was saved
- fix: we updated the ads links to point to the right documentation
The list of modified files | Read more about this update – on our blog
Version 2.3 – November 10th, 2015
- new: each demo now uses a separate css generator for that modifies the appearance of the theme. The theme now generates just the required css to for each demo.
- new: You can now show in all the blocks and widgets site wide popular articles in the last days provided by the Jetpack plugin
- new: Travel demo
- new: the theme now has it’s own logging system. We can now debug hosting issues easier.
- new: a new self diagnosting and self configurating module that allows our theme to pull data from other sites more reliably.
- fix: paragraphs in comments on posts and in wooCommerce now have appropriate spacing
- fix: on post pages if the author box was hidden, the theme was sometimes producing invalid author links
- fix: possible function name collision of our gallery filter. Thanks to @denimology form our forum for this suggestion.
- fix: tabs widget from VC, the shortcode was changed in the latest VC version and it lose the theme style
- fix: non adsense ads can be disabled responsive using the panel options
- fix: g+ new icon
- fix: theme animations where incompatible with some plugins and the visual composer gallery. The animations still worked but all of them looked a bit strange.
- misc: the backend editor style that is used in TinyMCE no longer compiles on demand. We ship a ready compiled css and this makes the editor load faster
- misc: added link to user page on login widget from top menu
- misc: social counter button is clickable on the entire area
- misc: the theme’s data source class can now be overwritten from the child theme
- misc: all the widgets from the theme are now optimized to work better. The widget_builder class is now deprecated and all the functionality was moved to td_block_widget
- misc: the video playlist now downloads the videos metadata on render, not on save post. This allows us to use the playlist on the on click demos.
- misc: the following modules of the theme are loaded on demand now: td_log, td_remote_http, td_remote_video, td_data_source, td_video_support, td_more_article_box, td_page_views, td_review, td_ajax. This means that the theme loads them only when needed. We mesured a 10% faster load time after this tweak.
The list of modified files | Read more about this update – on our blog
Version 2.2 – September 1st, 2015
- new: we are using a new less compiler for the css. This prepares our theme for the next stage when we will optimize css delivery based on settings and components used
- new: this is the first version of our ajax preloader. The preloader loads the ajax subcategories on the initial pageload, this provides a better user experience and in some cases a better performance if the initial page is cache.
- new: all categories now have an option for infinite loading + load more instead of pagination
- new: wooCommerce invoicing plugin
- new: wooCommerce label maker plugin with support for label Dymo label printer
- fix: on the ad block the sidebar ad spot cannot be selected since the last visual composer update
- fix: live ajax search box in specific circumstances was linking to categories instead of the actual search results
- fix: security issue with the ajax code that handles the sidebars.
- fix: issue with ajax subcategories. If you clicked them fast enough there was a chance that they will desynchronized with the content, showing the wrong content.
- fix: the smart sidebar animates better now when it’s used with the smart affix menu
- fix: we added the alt tag to placeholder feature images and the thumb disabled images
- misc: mega menu ajax loading now works smoother and the animation is top to bottom
- misc: infinite loader now has a loading animation
- misc: we improved the loading animation, when needed it’s smaller and it looks better
- misc: revolution slider was updated to the latest version
The list of modified files | Blog post – more info about this update
Version 2.1 – July 30th, 2015
we added 6 new unique grids to the theme
we added 7 grid styles (each grid can use one of the styles) this allows you to make a lot of combinations and make your site unique
Custom Posts Types panel – from here you can customize the single for specific custom post types. For example you can choose what taxonomy to use for breadcrumbs, the category spot and the tags spot.
Custom taxonomy panel – customize the module used for listings, the sidebar position and sidebar for each taxonomy.
taxonomy.php – all the taxonomy archives are handled by that file
our new single templates can be easily adapted to custom post types by just copying them to something like single-YourCPT.php
the WooCommerce single template is now a separate file and it supports site wide sidebar position + sidebar and per product settings
On Custom Post Types you can set now the sidebar position and sidebar on a per post basis
better child theme support. The blocks, modules, single template, all WordPress templates, some core components and single loops are now easily overwritten via the child theme
HTML is now allow on the author box on the author page
we updated the visual composer plugin to the latest version.
this update brings the start of a new system that will load only the required CSS. In this first step we switched the WooCommerce css to the new system and it’s loaded only when it’s required. With time as we make sure that the system is stable, we will move all the plugin css externally and more
demo installer error when the uploads folder doesn’t have the required permissions
missing border top setting for blocks
missing colour preset setting from the blocks panel
the settings for the loop in the “page builder + loop” template did not worked as expected
on the pagebuilder + loop template when you selected a category the pagination was showing a warning
view all results when searching was returning a page with the two words marged instead of separated
the category page was showing a warning when an ID that does not exist was requested and a 404 was generated. The featured filter on category pages was also affected.
all the metadata exposed by the theme was audited and we fixed all the issues found. The new Google Metadata Testing Tool was updated and it reported some missing metadata.
fix better new
The list of modified files
Version 2.0 – July 8th, 2015
UPDATE NOTICE: If you use the option to show the logo on sticky menu, please clear the cache. Please update tagDiv social counter and Visual Composer to the latest version.
we audited the theme and and we made major improvements in speed and memory usage, especially in use cases that have big taxonomies, like a lot of categories or tags.
the blocks, modules, single template, all WordPress templates, some core components and single loops are now easily overwritten via the child theme method
welcome panel with theme information and introduction
plugins panel that provides an easyer way to install bundled plugins
one click demos that just work. The demos can be inported with or without content
system status tab – the theme now dettects common hosting and configurations issues
more options in Theme Panel for the Logo on Sticky menu settings
more options in Theme Panel for Footer color, now you can change the text color, links hover color and widgets header color
we finally added the general setting for the modal window. Switch it on and all the images from posts and pages will have a modal window
tagDiv’s WP Booster API System is the new amazing tool designed to let you customize your theme even more
custom made background stratching script.
added excerpt option for mega menu posts
tooltip in the theme panel. We use it to display additional information for complex settings. The goal is to bring the documentation where the settings is.
added .screen-reader-text class for better usability
visual composer updated to the latest version
all the page options metaboxes where restyled and grouped in tabs. Now it’s easier than ever to find and modify any option
the helpful tooltip is present for metaboxes too
better trasnaltions for multiple languages. Thanks to all the people who help us translate the theme!
better compatibility with Visual Composer. Better support for full width, parallax and colors on rows
removed the Quotes from shortcodes and added as Formats in Tinymce for live view
removed the Dropcaps from shortcodes and added as Formats in Tinymce for live view
the panel now uses the modern WordPress media upload
the inline ad now works with justified text or other additional classes on the p element
the theme tries to download higher resolution images for vimeo featured videos
better smart lists + yoast analytics compatibility
the new child theme includes the css via enqueue_style instead of @import. This change improves the child theme’s css loading time.
added translation for ‘of’ string
speed booster 4.1 works better now and automatically detects incompatible plugins
tagDivsocial counter updated to the latest version + instagram counter fix
the background url was fixed to work better. Please set it again if you encounter problems
woocommerce typography space issue
twitter embed appearance
block quote color in accordance with the block title background color
mega menu long post title brake sub-categories alignment
IOS slide custom header color not work
fix better new
The list of modified files
Version 1.7.2 – June 23rd, 2015
visual composer – latest version update
grey panel issue on some hosts (the panel was not loading completely)
Version 1.7.1 – April 23rd, 2015
UPDATE DESCRIPTION: This update brings a better compatibility with WordPress 4.2, Youtube V3 api support and also some hot fixes
UPDATE NOTICE: Please update your social counter plugin to V 2.10. The plugin was changed to work with YouTube’s API V3
WordPress 4.2 compatibility – in some instances the old version of the theme may loose the settings for specific categories due to this WordPress bug that was fixed in 4.2
security update – the TGM Plugin Activation class that is recommended by Envato and used by most of the themes here has a security vulnerability that allows cross site script execution. We patched it in this version. Read more here and here
visual composer updated to the latest version. It fixes a small issue with WordPress 4.2
option to disable the image lazy loading animation
option to disable the smooth scroll on browsers that do not have smooth scrolling support
the lazy loading animation waits a predefined time until it show all the images. This prevents situations when a missing image prevented all the other images to appear
better pagination system (sometimes it was adding … between consecutive numbers)
trending now block is now animated and looks more nice
general animation tweaks (subcategories, lazy loading, load more)
the theme and social counter now uses YouTube API V3
the featured video now works with https hosts
the comment list is now visible even when the comments are closed (the same behavior as the default wordpress themes)
https for video format posts
video playlist on https sites
Load more button now fades out when there are no more posts to display
issue with title of post text encoding
When using block 14 after block 11 now its showing properly
the background ad url field from our panel was not working properly sometimes